There are several bets that you can make while playing roulette:
A. Inside Bets
1. Straight Up: It is a wager on a single number, where the chip is placed on the middle of a number square.
2. Split Bet: It is a wager on two numbers, either on the vertical of horizontal. It is on the line between the two numbers where the chip is placed.
3. Street or Line Bet: The chip is placed on the vertical line separating the outside and inside betting areas.
4. Corner Bet or Quad Bet: It is a bet on four numbers, where the chip is placed at the horizontal and vertical intersection of the lines between the numbers and not touching the four corners of the numbers you are betting.
5. Basket Bet: This is a five number bet on zero.
6. Double Street Bet: is a bet on six numbers, where the chip is placed on the line separating the outside and inside area just like for the street bet
B. Outside Bets
1. Red or Black: It is a wager on which color the roulette wheel will show.
2. Even or Odd: It is a wager on an even or odd number.
3. Dozen Bet: It is a bet made on the 12 consecutive numbers by placing the wager in the boxes marked 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36.
4. Column Bets: This is also a 12 number bets but consist of the numbers in one of the three vertical columns and are made in the boxes at the bottom of the layout.